Please join us for the April 13, 2016 Evans Churchill Community Association community meeting. We’ll be meeting on the second floor of the DeSoto Central Market at Central and Roosevelt. Start time: 6 p.m.
WELCOME & INTRODUCTIONS ~ Dorina Bustamante
- Discuss opportunity of Reinvent Phoenix $5,000 grant for steering committees
- Need for ECCA board approval of May 21 CultivEAT support
DEVELOPMENTS IN OUR NEIGHBORHOOD
- Knipe House (City of Phoenix), 2nd St. & Roosevelt
- Derby Roosevelt Row (Transwestern Development), 2nd St. & McKinley
- enHance Park (Sencorp), 2nd St. & Moreland
- The Oscar (Stark James), 2nd St. & Portland
- Proxy 333 (Tilton Development), 4th St. & McKinley (opening soon)
- Wurth House (Kimber Lanning’s effort), 4th St. & Roosevelt
- Roosevelt Row Storage Container Project
- 7th St. & Roosevelt Electronic Billboard
- Roosevelt Business Improvement District
PUBLIC SAFETY/BLOCK WATCH
- Community Action Officer report
- New community BBQ series w/ Block Watch bicycle registration at Ro2 temporary pop-up park, “What Should Go Here” project
- Roosevelt Row/Evans Churchill Parking Proposal
- Neighborhood Streetscape Project Updates:
- Roosevelt Planters (from Phase 1 of Roosevelt Streetscape)
- Roosevelt Streetscape (Phase 2) between 3rd St. and 6th St. (under construction), including Traffic Triangle pop-up park as part of Hands On Greater Phoenix Serve-a-Thon, April 16
- 1st St. Streetscape between McKinley St. and Moreland St.
- Restriping of Roosevelt St. between Central Ave. and 1st Ave. to match Roosevelt
- Lane reduction for 3rd St. and 4th/5th St. south of Roosevelt St.
- 7th St. and McKinley St. HAWK pedestrian signal
- Safety improvements around Phoenix Union Bioscience High School
- 3rd St. Promenade
Come early or stay after the meeting to enjoy the fine dining, drink refreshments, and ambiance the DeSoto Central Market offers!